Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ready as Ever

In less than one week, I will be traveling 7,500 miles away into the land of the unknown, or what some may know as Hobbiton (yes it is now a real place).  I feel like I am on the precipice of a huge change, something I don't ever think I'll feel 100% ready for.  But, this word, "precipice," does not accurately describe this amazing opportunity for adventure that lay ahead.  I've waited my entire life for something like this, the chance to break free from the habitual life I've been living.

The opportunity to go to a completely different country for 6 months still scares me but not for all the reasons you may think.  This fear, this anxiety, of the unknown has shown itself to be the fear of being all that I can be.  It's the fear of truly discovering myself, my passion in life and delving into the real me, for I am unsure of all that I will find.

These past few days, as I edge closer and closer to that short 13-hour plane ride, I find myself becoming more and more steadfast in my decision to study abroad.  Months on end of waiting, filling out documents, applying for a visa, packing, preparing...is all coming to an end.  Preparation has taken some time and although my suitcases still stand empty, my secureness and assuredness grows more and more each day until soon, I pray, these fears shall diminish altogether.  I am standing on the ledge of a huge sweeping change and I am beginning to realize...I am as ready as I am ever going to be.  I am ready to go out into the world and really experience the life I've always wanted.

I know there will be challenges along the way, but I'm determined to brush these bumps in my path aside and journey on, headfirst into the adventure of my life.  I leave for New Zealand in 6 short days...a mere school/work week away.  I will literally be traveling into the future, almost a day ahead of my current location.  I will be living in a flat with 4 strangers (3 international students and one "Kiwi"-slang for a New Zealand native).

I will be on the complete opposite side of the globe reverting back into a chilly winter season.  I will be away from all that is familiar, away from friends and my family, who has made this trip possible.  But on the other side of the globe, another world away, an adventure awaits and I am ready as ever to take the plunge.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or reply to any posts on this blog! I welcome any feedback. Also, feel free to use this comment box as a way to connect with me and ask any questions about my writing, personal journey or Reiki offerings:)