Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I Am Enough

I want to tell you a thousand times over,
How enough you are.
How utterly and completely whole
You are.

Just
As
You
Are.

I know the lies you've told yourself.
The stories you've rehearsed,
Over in your head,
For they are my own.

Some say we lost ourselves long ago,
The emptiness became
The void to fill.
Never enough
To fill the hole
In our wholeness.

Maybe they were right,
The mystics and light seekers.
They knew the truth
Of who we are.
Who you are.
Who I am.

The truth of being enough
Now and always,
And all ways.
As we are.
As you are.
As I am.

I know it hurts
To uncover the lies
We've believed.
To peel away the layers
Of falsehood.

But freedom awaits.
Its beckoning call grows
Stronger.

Will we heed its call?
Can we rise above the old?
Rise above the fear?
And become who we are?

I want to tell you
I feel it too.
The fear,
The doubt,
The hopelessness,
And weariness.

Maybe there's another way,
In,
Not out.

Yes, into the darkness.
To see that black
Is a color too,
And a shade
Of all the colors we're made.

Not one brighter than the other.
Just enough,
As
You
Are.

I want you to know I'm trying too
To change the stories.
Convincing they are,
I know the ending.

Its time to rewrite the story,
Or maybe return to
The original one
Of who we are.
Who we've been.
All ways.

You are holy,
Beloved,
Sacred,
And profound.

This is the truth.
You are enough.
I am enough.

You
Are
Enough.

I
Am
Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or reply to any posts on this blog! I welcome any feedback. Also, feel free to use this comment box as a way to connect with me and ask any questions about my writing, personal journey or Reiki offerings:)