Friday, December 30, 2016

Stitching Pieces

I have been protecting myself from pain
And love
For years now.
My armor has many layers
And facets.

The outer is the toughest
And most perplexing.
My sweetness and shyness
The layer I use
To ward off offenders.

Never getting too close,
No,
Not
Too
Close.

It’s a shield I wear to keep
Out those I hold closest.
And those I fear to let in.

It’s taken many forms,
An eating disorder,
Of many varieties,
And methods.

Anxiety,
Depression,
Exercise compulsion,
Marijuana fog,
Controlling
Tendencies.

It’s an inner panic,
And distrust in the person
Beaneath the layers.

A permeating fear
Of not belonging,
Being loved and
Supported.

My body never felt safe enough
To relax
Into
The space I
Didn’t allow.

Its exterior became the
Architecture to enclose
My heart,
Withholding love,
From myself
And other.

I have been running
For many years now,
My shoes laced and ready.
Running was never an option,
Just a default.

But my steps grow wearier
Each day.
I am tired.
My body is spent.

My spirit longs,
For rest.
Nourishing
Rest.

I’m not sure how many layers
There are.
I’m not even certain on
Where they begin.

These parts of me
Only wanted to protect me,
To this day,
They only want to protect me,
To keep me safe.

They think they are,
Keeping me safe.
But, I want them to know
Now
They’re hurting me,
They’ve been hurting me,
Unintentionally.
“I’m so sorry,”
They whisper.

“I’m
So
Sorry,”
I say.

“Please
Forgive
Me,”
We both
Whisper.

It’s a long awaited dialogue,
Between these pieces,
Of polarization
Inside me.

All I’ve ever wanted was
To feel whole.
Complete.

They too want that
Now,
I see.
They see
My tear stained cheeks.

How badly
My tears ache to pour
Like a river of regrets,
Grief.

Years of hidden pain,
Has been coming to
The surface,
Spilling out
In doses.

Maybe the grieving never ends.
Maybe,
Life is a grieving.
All the losses,
The deaths,
Real and minut.
I’m still grieving.
I’m still stitching,
The tattered pieces,
Back
Together
Now.

“Thank you,”
I whisper humbly.

“I love you,” I say,
Trembling slightly,
At the depth of feeling
This
Truth.

“I love you,”
They warmly, sweetly,
Like honey dripping into
And around my heart,
Say.

This.
This is the love
I’ve craved
All
My
Life.

My heart is mending.
Piece by broken piece.
Stitching,
Back the pieces
I’ve exiled.

“Welcome home,” I say.
Silence and warmth
Meets me
In the spaces
I’ve been trying to fill.

This
Is
Wholeness.

That
Is
Wholeness.

I am safe.
I
Am
Safe.

All
Is
Lost
Is
Found

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, share or reply to any posts on this blog! I welcome any feedback. Also, feel free to use this comment box as a way to connect with me and ask any questions about my writing, personal journey or Reiki offerings:)